Key research findings include:
- Internet addiction is potentially serious.
- Multitasking may be harming our ability to stay focused.
- Media and technology use is a source of friction for many families.
So, what can you do?
- Find balance, choose age-appropriate viewing and talk to your kids about the media they consume because content matters!
- If you have a question about whether your kid's media use is a problem, check out our Technology Addiction parent concern center.
- Set clear ground-rules around media by using our Family Media Agreement and Device Contract.
Finally, join in a Common Sense Webinar, Dealing with Devices: What Your Family Needs to Know, by registering here. It's on May 19 at 11am PST.
Regional Manager, Los Angeles