The mobile, connected, personal technology of the digital age is now an integral part of the American (and worldwide) education system. The insurgence of technology into education has, in turn, introduced “neomillennial“ learning styles among students.
- Moving from a traditional classroom to a one-to-one classroom results in a potential savings of more than $400 per student per year.
- Students engaged in personalized learning are more academically successful than the ones engaged in traditional classroom lectures.
- Technology offers invaluable tools for individualization especially for at-risk children.
- Adopting technology to only emphasize practice drills can negatively affect students.
- The success of the marriage of technology and education hinges on effective leadership at all levels of society. Most importantly, all stakeholders must recognize that personalization of education is not about education sans teachers. It is, rather, all about learning with teachers, but more efficiently, effectively and successfully.
Read more about 'The Changing Dynamic of Education'