Dear HFS Families:
This year, fifth through eighth grade students must make an appointment to enroll their iPads between August 18-29. The applies to both HFS-owned and student-owned iPads. Our IT specialist Julian Bouzanquet will enroll the iPads into our Mobile Device Management and add all required apps. This will take about 20 minutes, and students should remain present in the tech lab during the appointment. This process will clear student’s personal iPads. Everything must be backed up to an iCloud account in order to be restored. Mr. Bouzanquet can help with this. All students must have their own Apple ID before the enrollment appointment in August.
To schedule your appointment, please click this link: http://hfknights.appointy.com
Scroll to August 18-26 and choose one time slot for enrollment of each iPad.
Please save the date for a mandatory meeting for parents and students in grades 5-8: August 28, 2014 at 7:00 pm in the Parish Hall.
iPad Requirements and Key information:
- Each student in grades 5, 6, and 7 are required to have the following by August 25, 2014: an iPad 4, iPad mini with retina display, or iPad Air model, WiFi only, 32 GB minimum; a heavy duty protective case; a wired or Bluetooth keyboard; a carrying bag; and earbuds or earphones with a microphone.
- Eighth graders may choose to use their own personal iPad (meeting our specifications) or use an HFS-owned iPad, with Otterbox and keyboard, for a fee of $250.
- All 5th-8th grade students at Holy Family School need an Apple ID for our iPad program. This may be the hfknights Apple ID created for each student, or the student’s existing personal Apple ID. You should have received an email from Apple with a temporary password for each student in July. Please let me know if you did not receive that email.
- We have created Apple IDs for students under 13, but students 13 or over either need to create their own Apple IDs, or use their existing personal Apple IDs for our iPad program. In order to create a new Apple ID, students should use their hfknights.org email address. To create an Apple ID, click here: https://appleid.apple.com/account .
- HFS Multi-Child Program: Families with more than one child enrolled in grades 5-8 may use HFS-owned iPads for the second and third child. No tech fees apply. HFS-owned iPads are equipped with Otterbox cases, which must remain on the devices at all times.